Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yesterday I wanted to quit my job ...

Today, this is why I love it:

-Heart to hearts with students (I think I'm finally starting to figure out that discipline is not always the real problem)

-Students getting excited about writing

-Students getting excited about Shakespeare

-Students giving themselves notes before I have to

-Feeling like notes are a group brainstorm instead of a dictatorship

-Convincing an administrator to make a guest appearance in the opening night performance of Anything Goes

-Parent meetings where I feel like an equal

-Being the sponsor of pot luck club (tonight's theme: Holiday ... as if I haven't eaten enough!)

and most of all ...

-Working in a school where I can tell my principal to "Man up" and instead of getting fired, we all have a good laugh. And my (adorable, old, and bighearted) assistant principal gives me a fist pound of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment